According to Mark Roemer Oakland, every homeowner wants to create a warm and welcoming environment for themselves, their family, and their guests. That’s why people spend so much money on decorating their homes. However, you also need to add deterrents like a security door for unwelcome guests. Let’s check out why you should invest in a security door.
1. Protection – The most common reason for investing in a security door is security. A security door along with the security system and other such components protects you and your family members from intruders. A good door should successfully prevent forced entry every time. Security doors may be made from fiberglass, steel, or wood, and depending on the construction method, they offer varying levels of security. Metal doors with metal mesh are usually the strongest and the most difficult for intruders to break into. Some models even come with extra stainless-steel reinforcement.
2. More efficient home – A security door is thick and sturdy and is constructed to completely shut out the outdoor environment from the inside. It has seals and is made precisely to deter criminals from sliding in objects that may aid them in forced entry. That also means that your home gets additional insulation that can reduce your energy bills and make your home more efficient. These doors can also prevent the entry of insects, critters, dust, and debris during the summer season. Make sure to read through the description of the security door for its energy efficiency rating before you buy one.
3. Increase the value of your home – Security features are always good investments for your home since they increase its value. Security features like grills and security doors may seem like steep expenses at the moment. However, when you put your property on the market, you’ll be able to charge more for your home due to those features. Real estate agents won’t have any trouble selling your home with enhanced security features.
4. Lower your insurance premium – Security features don’t just increase the value of your home and protect your family. They also lower your insurance premium. When you have more security features in your home, you’re less likely to get robbed and less likely to make an insurance claim. That’s why adding a security door can lower your insurance premium. In a way, the door pays for itself.
5. They look amazing – Most people imagine reinforced concrete doors of bomb shelters or thick metal doors from a bygone era when they think about security doors. Others imagine them to be doors from maximum security prisons and don’t want them anywhere near their home. However, modern security doors are very stylish and come in all sorts of styles and colors to complement your home’s architecture.
Mark Roemer Oakland suggests that you get a good security door that suits your needs after assessing all your options. While the aesthetics of the door is important, it should have a good locking mechanism, strong weld-on hinges, and should be reinforced with sturdy materials.